DURABASE® shower floors create the ideal foundation to build a shower. If you’re looking to create a shower that will be both elegant and provide years of service, start with the best… DURABASE® Shower Floors, exclusively from E.L.Mustee & Sons., Inc.
Details + Specifications
- Sturdy, 1-piece molded fiberglass construction — ribbed underbody for extra strength, slip resistant Starburst® surface
- Integral molded drain with seal for connection to 2″ Sch. #40 ABS, PVC or iron DWV sanitary drain pipe. See optional drain seals for 1-1/2″ pipe and 2″ copper — removable strainer
- Available in White, Biscuit and Bone (see chart below)
- Semi-gloss surface — resistant to mold and mildew, easy to clean
- Designed to be used with Mustee’s DURAWALL® shower walls, ceramic tile or preformed wall kit
Style Standard Threshold Color White Shower Depth 42" Shower Width 36" Shape Rectangular Drain Location Center
A 36" B 42" C 21" D 18"
- General SpecificationsGeneral: Furnish and install as shown on plans. DURABASE® rectangular, single threshold shower floor model 4236M as manufactured by E.L. Mustee & Sons, Inc. Floor to be one-piece, molded fiberglass, made with matched metal molds. Surface to be slip-resistant Starburst® design that does not interfere with the flow of water. Size 42” x 36”. Shoulder will be no less than 3” high or less than 1” wide. Tiling flange will extend not less than 1” higher than the threshold which provides an integral molded water barrier. Threshold will be not less than 4 ½” high. Molded-in drain and drain seal for installation of 2” iron DWV (Sch. 40) PVC or ABS sanitary drain pipe. Removable strainer. ANSI Specification Z 124-2017. IAPMO (UPC/cUPC) Listed. Color: White.
- Technical Files
- Education + Videos
- Certification + Listings
- UPC, ANSI International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials® (IAPMO®)
- Warnock Hersey® (Canada) Listed-CSA test standards: Shower Floor
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) – Specification ANSI Z 124-2017
- American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) — D635. E-84 and E-162
- CAN/ULC S102-07 Burn and Smoke Test
- Care + Cleaning
The surface of your Shower Floor may be cleaned with a mild soap solution in warm water using a soft cloth.
When using a cleaner product, carefully read the label to ensure that the cleaner is safe for use on the material. Stubborn stains can be cleaned using “Soft Scrub®” by Clorox® , “Spic-n-Span®.” , Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, or like products.
Do not allow cleaners to sit and soak on the surface. Wipe surface clean and rinse completely with water immediately after cleaner application. Rinse and dry any over spray on nearby surfaces.
Never use abrasive scouring powder or steel wool pads, as they will scratch the surface. A periodic coating of a high quality marine or automotive polish will help retain the finish.
As a company committed to continuous improvement, the specifications included here are subject to change without notice.
We warrant to the original consumer user of the products of E.L. Mustee & Sons, Inc. for a period of one year from the date of the sale to the consumer that our products will be free of defects in material and workmanship.
Our liability under this Warranty shall be to either repair or replace the product with an identical or reasonably equivalent product. In the alternative, we may refund, in full, the actual purchase price if the repair is not commercially reasonable or possible within a reasonable time and we are unable to supply a replacement product. We shall not be responsible for any labor, damages or installation costs.
This Warranty does not apply to our products which are not installed in accordance with our instructions and local building codes. This Warranty is not applicable if our product has been removed from the original installation or has been subject to accident, abuse or misuse.
After one year from the date of sale, we disclaim all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The foregoing constitutes our entire obligation under this warranty and we make no other express or implied warranties. We further exclude this warranty all consequential and incidental damages.
This Warranty gives you a specific legal right, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.
A claim under this warranty may be made through your distributor, dealer or contractor or by writing to our office. Claim must be accompanied by written proof of purchase and may be subject to inspection by our agent or representative - E.L. Mustee & Sons, Inc., 5431 West 164th Street, Brook Park, OH 44142-1586